English for Adults
You may want to deepen your understanding and improve your language skills, prepare for a new position, move abroad or just go on holiday – there are always reasons to refresh your language skills.
I teach business people, academics, other professionals, and any motivated students of English. I work with a great variety of engaging materials, up-to-date resources, and frequently use role plays and current news events in my lessons. I am a strong proponent of using authentic materials in the classroom (for example the newspaper). A very important element of all my lessons – be it business lessons or private tuition – is an element of enjoyment and fun. Feedback from my students always emphasises my ability to assist the students in to achieve their learning goals quickly and thoroughly and in a very enjoyable and fun way.
Lessons are arranged in small groups, or as in-company courses and also in one-to-one format.
After assessing your level and requirements, I focus on the exact type of English training you need. This can include:
General speaking fluency
- Building your confidence and vocabulary
- Role-play situations
- Learning ‘real’ colloquial English, not just formal ‘textbook’ English
Practical business situations
- Meetings, interviews, presentations, and negotiations
- Writing emails, letters, reports, and curricula vitae
- Practice specific business situations
Please see Business English for more detailed information on my business English and intercultural training
- Intensive classes to help you achieve a better English voice
- Preparation for speeches, congresses, and conferences
- Basic grammar – tenses, articles, sentence construction etc.
- Advanced grammar – phrasal verbs, conditionals, prepositions etc.
- Training focusing on specific examination areas